Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Severe weather warnings

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor
    Disable These Ads!
    Northern ireland 20,000 homes without power due to gales,snow and rain.
    I thought the snow had gone but rears its ugly head again it seems.
    In Bedford where i live no snow yet and lets hope not as it affects where i work as it did the last time.

Oh apparently our economy is on the up not for long if this weather keeps up!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8594268.stm

The last storms had occurred in Europe only last month so i wonder if the weather has now become more extreme in recent months?
    It seems to me that its the norm but more extreme than usual and cannot say what the next days weather will be like anymore.

As Scotland faces more bad weather this happens.
    ONLY one in ten Edinburgh pensioners and families seeking help under the Scottish Government's energy assistance programme is getting free central heating.

I do guess money is running out and as the weather worsens we shall see higher deaths.
    http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/OA...ity.6189899.jp

Is the same occurring in the states as well?

It looks like the UK gets it again especially with Scotland as reported yesterday as well as Ireland.
    Today its Wales turn with floods only after recent snow storms and of course during December.

I have come to the conclusion this is now the norm as there seems no letting up.
    I guess it is that time for us to learn to adapt to the new environment do you agree?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8597110.stm

As for Rhode Islands a news conference has arisen.
    http://interactive.foxnews.com/lives...4&openAIR=true

A pretty energetic day in the central plains. By far the most energetic I've seen so far this spring. That bowling ball right behind it, could be just as bad.

Click image for the animation file.

"In the last days perilous times will come, for men shall have a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof." 2 Tim 3

Britain shivered in one of the coldest May mornings for years today, with temperatures overnight plummeting as low as -6c.

Tornados floods and yet more earthquakes now its getting colder.
    In the last few months the weather seems more extreme or just more persistant in the same places.

Whilst it stays cold the energy companies see record profits,so whether we can afford it or not we do need to stay warm.
    I see another week of hell somewhere you can almost predict it now.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ters-warn.html

As i have put up threads on earth changes i had put this story here instead.
    Well i have begun to notice like most these severe storms are happening more far and wider across the world lately.

Nashville,Kenya and the rest have seen as we know some havoc.
    Hungary has become the latest victim of climatic changes.
    http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...=international

look in particular in the amount of rain they have had.
    As for oklahoma they could see more disruption.
    Severe thunderstorms and possible tornados.
    http://newsok.com/feed/storms-possib..._headline_news

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member St Elmos Fire's Avatar

Tropical Cyclone

'At least three people were killed and over 10 injured as a cyclonic storm lashed several parts of Tripura, leaving behind a trail of destruction, officials said on Monday. The pre-monsoon rains accompanied by strong winds and hailstorm on Sunday night damaged more than 1,000 houses and killed many cattle in western and southern Tripura. "Three people, including a woman, were killed in separate incidents of wall collapse and lightning at Teliamura in western Tripura," a relief department official told reporters.

Ten people who were hurt in these incidents have been shifted to government hospitals, the official said. Hundreds of trees, telephone and electric poles were uprooted in the squall, badly affecting the movement of vehicles on Monday. "Civil defence workers and district officials are busy providing relief. Telecommunication and power corporation personnel are working to restore communication lines and power supply," the official said. Similar cyclonic rainstorms accompanied by heavy lightning since March have also killed 15 more people in Tripura, damaged 15,000 houses and caused large scale destruction. Meteorological department director Dilip Saha said: "The seasonal Nor'wester (cyclonic rainstorm) would continue till the onset of monsoon next month.

The recurring Nor'wester is now active in entire eastern and northeast India and few other places in the country." "The northeastern region, due to its topography, is a lightning-prone area. Lightning claims on an average 100 lives every year specially during March to May," said Swapan Bhowmik, a physicist of the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala'.

Ah shit i cant keep up with so many severe storms of late.
    Nashville now Denver on alert with possible tornados and severe thunderstorms.
    The golf ball size hail is on its way as well.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15109479

India is certainly getting it lately.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report...eeting_1384693

Tropical Storm Laila

Cylonic Storm Laila -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not an isolated incident!

Its the beginning i think.
    http://article.wn.com/view/2010/05/2...s_Cause_Chaos/
    You will get my meaning.

Kenya
    Flash floods continue to cause havoc across the country, with the Meteorological Department warning of heavy rains in most parts of the country up to June.
    http://allafrica.com/stories/201005240346.html

Radioactive Contributor Manticore's Avatar

Tornado slams into the NSW town of Lennox Head

Here's another 'out of place' weather event, that while not unknown......is very rare and unusual for this time of year. It's very small scale (F1) to what you guys in the USA have, but to people living here it is devastating.

THIS was indeed a true freak of nature. Yesterday's devastating water spout-turned-tornado that slammed into the NSW North Coast town of Lennox Head confounded experts.
    Weather Channel senior meteorologist Dick Whitaker said he had never heard of a tornado in NSW in winter.

"Normally the severe thunderstorm season is between November and April so this was highly, highly unusual," he said.
    Article - Herald Sun

IT ARRIVED with no warning, lasted just a few moments, and left a trail of destruction through the sleepy coastal town of Lennox Head - including asbestos sheets scattered across streets.

The tornado that swept in off the ocean on the north coast at about 7.30am yesterday was little more than 50 metres wide, but it left 12 homes in ruins, overturned caravans, brought down power lines, injured residents and sent poles flying into houses and cars.

Last night police issued a health warning to Lennox Head residents to beware of asbestos material from old cottages ripped up by the storm.
    Article - Sydney Morning Herald

Here are some more photo's

star gazer..... Contributor Protostar's Avatar
    wow those photos are awesome.
    look closer.
    that is actually 2 funnel clouds as well in one.
    "coming down" from it's dark core, this twister
    looks like it is full of HEAVY water.
    This heavy water is new to earth really, it comes from
    cosmic energy as opposed to solar.
    That is what makes the molecues "heavy"

Earth has begun to create higher elevation tornados
    as well as cold weather tornados. Again, that is due
    to the heavy water molecues hidden within it.

these ain't your grandma's twisters...no sir...
    not anymore.

Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life.

Radioactive Contributor Manticore's Avatar
    The strange thing, that I just remembered was that a few weeks ago there were some other unusual waterspouts off Sydney.....I didn't pay too much attention.....but maybe this is a sign of things to come?

Details of Waterspout 17 May 2010:

Sea twister
    05:55 AM May 18, 2010A waterspout was spotted out at sea behind a surfer on Sydney's Bondi Beach yesterday. A rare sight in Australia, the waterspout lasted around five minutes and vanished before it reached land. AFP
    Source

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member Brewloc's Avatar
    We are getting some large amounts of rain here in the OKC area. Lots of local flooding as our infrastructure is just not set to handle this kind of volume.

Lots of good weather here in Oklahoma this year with tornado's, hail, now flooding.
    Good times here where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!

I've just been watching the flooding on CNN News. It looks absolutely terrible in Oklahoma. The weather forecaster said you'd had 150-250mm of rain. Really bad situation. Stay safe.

This was a Street!
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

'Weather service meteorologist Forrest Mitchell says the area received showers and thunderstorms almost continually for the better part of six hours Monday morning. More rain was expected later in the day'.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ZxghgD9GB7BHG0
    Last edited by St Elmos Fire; Jun 14th, 2010 at 6:50 PM.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member
    we had some damage from very strong straight line winds last night. nothing serious thankfully and glad it was nothing like what MN got hit with
    All this gives new meaning to "2 Minutes to Midnight"

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member
    new round of storms last night. Eagle, WI suffered some heavy damage last night with a possible tornado. Roughly 20 houses destroyed. Thankfully no fatalities
    All this gives new meaning to "2 Minutes to Midnight"

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Global Moderator lycanox's Avatar
    A category 2 thunderstorm (Yes they grade those as well) Just hit us.
    Producing marble sized hail and strong gusts of wind around 11 on the scale of Beaufort.
    Lots of structural damage and trees blown down. Some small buildings were destroyed as well.

So far no reports of lives lost.
    Last edited by lycanox; Jul 10th, 2010 at 4:08 PM.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

Dead Meat
    Makes me glad I never had children....there is a sad thought

Thread Information